Thursday, March 8, 2012

Positives

Finally a post where I can say things are back on track and going well. Started faithfully counting calories again on Monday, and so far this week I'm down 4.2 lbs. I had to run to the store last night, so we grabbed Wendys for the girls. I passed, and instead got a Lean Cousine pizza to bring home to make. A much better choice.
It doesn't hurt that I've given up sweets for lent either. Our janitor brought cupcakes to school yesterday for everyone. She told me she brought them yesterday because the PE teacher and I would both be there. Then I felt bad for telling her I couldn't have one, but thanked her for the thought. They looked good, but weren't really that hard to resist. I'm amazed at how easy its been to pass on the sweets.
______________________________________________________________________

Just got back from lunch out with a friend. I'm so very proud of how I handled this today. I picked the restaurant, looked over the nutritional information before I left to choose something that will fit into my calorie allotment, and then stuck with my decision once I got there. So lunch out was 380 calories. (For the record, I looked at Applebees first and found nothing that would work there. Nothing. Can that really be?) Great step in the right direction for me!

1 comment:

kristi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am taking omega 3 fish oil, garlic, and folic acid!