Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ugh!

I think I've had too much time to think about it. Ready for summer challenge starts Monday, and I'm soooo not ready now. :( I'm discouraged about the lack of movement on the scale. I know there are other things that matter as well, but this needs to happen for me. It seems I faithfully count calories, lose 5 or more pounds in a week, then none. And none the next week. And none the week after. Like seriously---none. So I haven't counted calories for the last few days. I haven't over eaten, even being at a retreat yesterday and today (with TONS of sweets that I couldn't eat ;) ). I've eaten things I'm trying to stay away from...carbs---in the form of wheat. But not an over abundance.
So Monday I will start again. Counting calories faithfully. I'm going to set weekly goals (I hope). Exercise wont start Monday, or even Tuesday (elementary program Monday, district band concert Tuesday), but my goal will be 3 days. I'm going to think about it more and post my weekly goals tomorrow. I also need to get groceries tomorrow so I'm ready with no excuses for the week!

I'm just not feeling so positive at the moment. :(

5 comments:

Maren said...

I think the key in anyone's weight loss journey is to not give up. No matter what. It's really the only way we can get where we want to go, so just keep doing what you're doing, and improve what you can!

deanna said...

Ugh, I can feel that. I haven't budged in 5 weeks. I am hoping this new challenge gives me that extra push.

Nanette said...

consistency and determination. You can do it! Don't give in to those niggling feelings of giving up. Is there any way to make things easier? calorie trackers like myfitnesspal or loseit? Are you hydrating properly? I know that my weight won't budge if I'm not getting enough fluids (half your weight in ounces). Quality sleep... stress management?

Baby steps... a series of small, but good choices and you can get through anything! :)

Kristy said...

I understand exactly what you're feeling. I'm really nervous about starting this challenge, and like always I'm afraid of failing. I know this is the wrong attitude to have. I'm ready to start Monday with a clean slate and make each day worth it. Keep making those small changes and eventually they will pay off. Good luck and we're here for you every step of the way.

PlumPetals said...

I can totally relate to your frustration -- but as nanette said above, consistency and determination are key.

Good luck!