Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mmmmm

I try to always ask the girls what they'd like for dinner during the week when I'm planning the menu. It usually helps with the griping when they have a say in what we're eating. Well, this week B decided she wanted chicken fajitas. Doesn't seem too hard, but when you've never made them before, its hard to know what to do. I'm not all that creative in the kitchen...I'm afraid I'll ruin stuff, and thats just money down the drain. But, it couldn't be that hard, right?
I cut up the peppers and onion to saute in just a bit of oil, and told B to look up what seasonings to use. She said garlic, chili pepper and oregano. So a few shakes here and there, add the chicken (already cooked and cut into strips---bought it that way), and dinner was done. I ate mine on a low carb wrap with a Tbsp of sour cream. The girls also had shredded cheese with theirs. Oh my... what a great low cal dinner for sure! I'll be making those again and again...I hope they dont get tired of them! ;)

In other news...still plugging away. Every bit I lose now is a new low I havent seen in I dont know how long. It feels good. And so do I with the healthy foods I've been eating. (Like blueberries---they're not my favorite on their own, but I had them with strawberries for lunch today and that was a great combination.)

But, daylight savings time is kicking my butt. I haven't felt as tired as I did this morning in quite some time. I usually get up and get in the shower (never hit snooze---really!). This morning I had to almost literally drag myself to the shower. Its been really rough.

So I am heading to bed now. A little before 9pm. Sigh...

No comments: