Sunday, March 25, 2012

Its a start...

Thanks for the comments yesterday. I need to go follow everyone else's blogs! I've just been so limited in time that I have on here last week. I hope to do better soon. (Although, softball starts tomorrow, and that is 4 nights a week, so I dont know if I'll even have time to post. At least the week after is spring break! I need it terribly!)

I do pretty well on water. The quality sleep though...its severely lacking. I'm pretty sure my sleep (in time and quality) is being affected terribly by stress from work. Things are just bad there. (I work at an elementary school.) I'm hoping spring break gives everyone the chance to rest and regroup, and come back ready for the last 2 months. I'm hoping the break will get my sleep back on track. (I've even started taking melatonin, and while it does help me get to sleep on time, it doesnt keep me asleep all night, so I wake up a lot during the night.)

I have my menu ready for the week, and groceries have been gotten. (Now if this stupid migraine would just go away!)

So, tomorrow starts the challenge. I've been thinking of my goals for week 1:

Weight Loss: Since I want to lose 20 lbs, I suppose it should be 2lbs for the week. I'm not going to stress about a weekly weight loss goal though. Its the overall one that really counts. :)

NSV: ?

Nutrition: Count calories this week. Limit wheat. (Still no sweets since I gave them up for lent)

Exercise: 3 days. Since I've been doing 0, I should be able to do something 3 days (even with school concerts 2 of the nights)

Hope everyone has a great week!

16 comments:

Raeesa Samizdat said...

Well done on getting your groceries done & meals planned! Hopefully you can get some much needed sleep soon, maybe the exercise will relieve some of the stress and help you sleep? Keeping fingers crossed, because it's incredibly difficult to keep up on little rest.

It's great that you're looking at the big picture in terms of weight loss, because some weeks will be better than others!

tomadou (とまどう) said...

Good luck with your goals -- they sound very doable. Good for you giving up sweets for Lent! :D

Kristy said...

Sounds like you're prepped and ready to go for tomorrow. Good luck with your goals and I hope you can catch up on sleep real soon.

upinthecosmos said...

You can do it, we will all do it:-)

Treadmill Hiker said...

Hi Lori - just chiming in to say good luck with you goals! I was wondering if I'd see anyone else mentioning lent, because I feel this challenge is starting during a perfect time when those of us who observe lent are conditioning ourselves to be disciplined and turn down what our initial urges may be. That's certainly helpful in a weight loss/fitness plan.

I wish you great success with your weekly goals, and an enriching lenten week as well.

-Jennifer

El said...

i know that i am not myself when i am not getting my sleep. it affects everything!! here's hoping you have a great week!

Alana Jo said...

Your goals sound very attainable. Good luck!

Nanette said...

No sweets lent... that's a great goal. I gave up going out/dinner/drinks for lent. It's saving me so much money and calories.

May you sleep better this week and get that quality ZZZ time in.

Debsdailylife said...

great goals!! Softball is an awesome workout!!
Sleep deprivation always puts me over the edge! Hope you find time for some ZZZs

Kara Lea said...

See if you can get your walking in while at softball practices. Hope the weather holds up for you. I'm in the same boat-no exercise. I made my goal to be exercise 2x a week. I walk the parking lot at work before lunch.
Good luck this week!

getting better every day said...

You're off to a great start! :)

Searching for the Fireflies said...

I struggled with sleep for a long time. pills did not work for me and in the end I stumbled across this http://www.soundsleeping.com/index.php it worked for me and helped me get my sleep patterns sorted.

Shannon said...

I teach 6th graders so I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! :) Our spring break is not until April 23rd! OMG!

Good luck on your goals!

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

PlumPetals said...

I'm a chronic insomniac so I can totally relate to how lack of sleep can have an impact on energy levels, motivation, and weight loss!

You've got your menu and groceries - that's a great start! :)

Maren said...

I'm an aspiring teacher, so I can relate to what you're saying about that part of your life. ;) Keep up the good work!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Love the goals! Good luck with the challenge... we can do this!