Sunday, March 18, 2012

Goals

So its time to think about what goals I want to accomplish during the Ready for Summer Challenge. This will be my first challenge, so I want to make sure I'm realistic about this. :)

***All goals are subject to change***

1. Weight
In 10 weeks I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs. I dont think that is unreasonable during this journey.

2. NSV
Be down at least 1 clothing size. I also need a new bathing suit, and I'd like to get one 1-2 sizes smaller.

3. Exercise
This will be my biggest problem area. Although I might have found a motivator... My first thought was to say I'll do some sort of exercise 3X/week. I figured I'd start walking next week when my girls start softball. Since its in the next town over, I just stay for practice anyway, so instead of sitting on the bench, I'm going to go for a walk (at least during the older dd's... might wait a few times until my youngest gets comfortable...this is her first year of softball). But in addition to that, I'm thinking about doing the C25K program again. I saw on Kristy's blog about the Color Run. That looks like a ton of fun, and there's one semi-near me in mid June... so I'd have just enough time to prepare. I have a couple weeks to think about it before registration opens. The one down side is the cost to enter. Its not really all that much, but for me its a pinch, especially at the beginning of April when I have other bills due and my quarterly ones due too. :( So we'll see. Might still do the C25K and do the Race for the Cure in September.
I'd also like to do the 30 Day Shred in there too!

4. Nutrition
This is one area I finally have under control. I've been trying to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories (counting faithfully every day but Sundays), and its been working. I'm really happy where I am with this right now. I also gave up sweets for Lent, and its probably the best decision I've made. Not sure I want to say I'll give them up for the whole challenge, but I might really consider that. When I have to be accountable to someone, its easier to stick with it.

Now that I have some of these things in place, I really need to find a new pair of tennis shoes really soon. That has to be a top priority if I'm going to start walking/running.

Looking forward to getting to know more of you, and seeing some great results.

15 comments:

Maren said...

Lori - great goals! I think 10lbs in 10 weeks is completely doable! And I love you plan about walking rather than watching practice, I think that's a winner!

~Lori~ said...

Well shoot. I have to go back and change my goal, lol. I meant 20 lbs in 10 weeks. 10 sounds way easier, but I'm not here to take the easy way out! :)

Blog Wobble said...

Great goals and best of luck. Welcome to the challenge.

Cowgirl Warrior said...

Welcome to the challenge, we can do this!

Kristy said...

I'm looking forward to get to know you better on this challenge. Great goals!

Shannon said...

I am so looking forward to this challenge! I did the Couch25k program and TOTALLY BELIEVE IN IT! I ran my 1st 5k in February! You can do it!

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Maren said...

Well, 20lbs is even better! I think you can do that too, if you really set your mind to it! :D

upinthecosmos said...

Great goals! I've registered for the Color Run in my neck of the woods, it's in June also, and can't wait! It's probably one of the 5Ks I'm most excited about cause all that color just looks so fun:-) You can walk it also so do join in if you can cause walking the 5Ks has been a great motivator for me to keep at it & one day get that running worked in there:-)

Raeesa Samizdat said...

I initially chose 10 lbs, but yeah, it's a bit easy, so I'm joining with 20 lbs, yeah!

deanna said...

great goals, I love how you are going to walk while your girls are busy doing there thing. I walk waiting for my kids all the time. It makes the time go by so fast!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Loving your goals! I'm a calorie counter too and it's working great (even if people think we're nuts). Gotta find what works for us... Can't wait to follow you on this Challenge!

El said...

awesome. this is going to be GREAT.

Nanette said...

Hey lady! new reader and fellow challenger here. Good luck with your goals. I'm excited to hear about how the walks are going, not to mention the softball scores. :)

Kody at Skinny Sized said...

Hi this is Kody from SkinnySized.com I am excited to be joining you on the Ready for Summer Challenge the next 10 weeks. I am a new follower of your blog! If you have a chance stop by for a visit some time!!

Weight Wars said...

So jealous of all these people doing the Colour Run, they don't do it in the UK :(

Great goals :)