Sunday, May 6, 2012

End of Week 6

Ugh!  6 weeks in and I dont have much to show for it.  (Hoping you will have another challenge through the summer when I'm hoping to have more time and energy to put into it!)  :)

Weight:  Lose 2+ lbs (I think thats what it was)  No, but I'm ok with where I am for the week...I'm about the same as last week
NSV:
Nutrition: Count calories.  No.  How do you do this when you make up your own concoctions?  I can do the recipe calculator, but I dont know how many servings I get out of a lot of things.  I'd just like to know how many calories are in a cup of it or some such thing.  I did pretty well with portions though
Exercise: Do something.  Yes, I did... Not a lot, but a little.  Worked abs one night, then yesterday we went skating for a friend's daughter's birthday, then played laser tag.  So fun.  I even did better than I thought I would at skating.  (Got free passes to go another time, so hoping to do that in the next couple weeks)  Also worked arms and abs last night.
While it wasnt a great week, it wasnt as bad as some have been.

Week 7:

Weight:  lose something
NSV:  Keep my head above water
Nutrition:  Back to salads for lunch.  My aunt took my salad dressing home (she brought lunch last week) and I didnt have my favorite for the week.  I miss it!  Calories and/or portion control.
Exercise: Just do something

This week is going to be crazy.  First, my mom has been in the hospital in Columbus again since Tuesday.  She went for a check up and they kept her.  I thought I was going to go pick her up today, but she said they wouldnt release her and maybe tomorrow.  (Thats what we've heard all week)
Second, this coming week:  Monday thru Thursday is softball for someone.  Monday I have a meeting for the upcoming 8th grade trip to Washington DC (second daughter and I will be going next week).  Tuesday is the high school concert (band and choirs).  Wednesday I have a dinner for a teacher retiring from our school.  Thursday is actually open (besides softball).  Friday is another high school concert, this time the boys and girls elite choirs.  I'm already tired. 
The next week is the middle school concert on Monday, Tuesday I'll have to pack because we leave at 5:30 Wednesday morning for DC.  We'll get back early Saturday morning.

I'm SO ready for summer break!  Have a great week.

7 comments:

Nanette said...

when it comes to creating portions of something... You can manipulate the servings however you'd like. I usually try to fill up my bowl/plate like I normally would and guess roughly how many times I could re-serve that same portion... Just to get a base and understand how much I am normally consuming and then scaling it back.

8x8 pan of lasagna... if I were honest with myself, I"d say I have 4 servings then look at how many calories I'd be consuming in 1/4 the pan. Since I'm trying to scale back... i say there are 6 servings. It helps me not be a little piggy and understand how eating just a little bit less than normal, I can really impact my daily calories.

PlumPetals said...

You've got a busy week ahead! Hope you manage to find some time for yourself.
It takes some time to get used to measuring/calculating calories in food. During busy times I stick to 'safe' foods so I don't have to worry too much about the portions - lots of veggies and very few carbs.
Good luck with week 7 :)

Alana Jo said...

I hope for a challenge through summer as well. :)

Good luck this week!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead of you BUT it also sounds like you've got a plan to keep things on track.

Just don't forget what your goal is and take each day one at a time.

Good luck with week 7!

Weight Wars said...

You can do this, just take one day at a time and go from there.

Maren said...

Wow, that sounds like a really busy week - I hope you get through it ok :)

Michele said...

Here is to a better week I hope your mom is out of the hospital, too and soon!