Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 3 Day 1

Today was decent. I ate ok, didnt think I'd get any exercise in, but really felt the need. (Really? Is this really my way of thinking now???) So I did 40 minutes of Just Dance 2 with my girls. So fun, and I was sweating and my arms and legs were getting a workout. The girls laugh at me, but I told them I didnt care, I just wanted to burn calories. If I remember, I'm still going to do some crunches on the ball before bed.

In other news, I left work an hour early today to take my daughter back to the dr. She had another episode yesterday at sunrise service. But this time she got an awful headache afterwards (like right after), and that hasn't happened before. I didnt feel like I should wait until Friday to take her back. So we went this afternoon. She noted her BP to be a little low, but after the tests the other doc did last week, she said she didnt really have anything left to do in the office, so she wants her to see a cardiologist to have an echocardiogram. My daughter just turned 15. How can she need this???! The doc is thinking her heart is healthy, but they just want to be sure its pumping correctly. They're not sure why her bp is dropping so much, but its not as concerning since its not happening during activity. They'll call me tomorrow with the appointment time. I'm not overly worried yet... I'll wait to see what we find out there first. I just want to know how we can keep the episodes from happening.

It feels like today has been such a long day!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I hope everything turns out okay with your daughter! That sounds really scary. Hope you guys get some answers soon.

Good job getting Just Dance done. Remember those abs tonight!

Have a good rest of your day!

Maren said...

Oh no, I hope your daughter is ok!!

PlumPetals said...

Sending best wishes for you daughter!

Jillian said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that the doctor's find out what is causing her problems soon, I can't imagine how scary it must be for your family. My thoughts are with you.

Princess Dieter said...

Seriously hope the daughter is a-ok, and this is just some little blip that requires nothing but a clearance from cardio. :)

Remember to breathe and destress, K?

I hope you have a great weekend and you're happy with your progress this week.

God bless,