Sunday, April 22, 2012

End of Week 4

This is SO not going as I had hoped.  I need to make permanent changes in my life so when life gets in the way, my eating and exercising and everything else dont get pushed to the back.  Sigh...  It was a super rough week, and super busy, but that is going to happen in life (probably more often than I'd like in mine), and I need to learn to deal with it!

So, last week:
Lose 2 lbs:  No.  I actually think I'm up about 3 maybe.  Yep, there it is.
NSV 
Nutrition:  Portion control:  sort of
Exercise: At least 3 days.  Geesh, I did this one week and lost 4.6lbs...and no real exercise since then.  Grrr.

Week 5...the half way week:
Weight loss:  AT LEAST 2 LBS!  No excuses not to hit this this week!
NSV:  Take pics of what I eat and post them to stay accountable!
Nutrition:  Count calories~~Stay between 1200 and 1500.  No sweets until Sunday.  (Lent was so good for me on this one!)
Exercise: DO SOMETHING.  I havent been to softball practice with the girls in a week and a half with all the appointments and such going on, so I havent been walking.  It makes me feel so good when I do.  I'd really really like to start the 30 day shred this week, but I'm not sure thats going to happen.  If not, then next week.

I need to make my health a priority.  (Its just so hard when my mom is in the hospital 2 hours away and my daughter has appointments in the opposite direction 1 1/2 hours away.  At least all that is over for now!)

(Oh, and I'll post bathroom remodel pics hopefully tomorrow.  Its just the beginning stages so far, but I hope it doesnt take longer than this week to get it done!)

7 comments:

Alana Jo said...

It's ok. Pull yourself up by your boot straps and kick it into gear this week. You can do this! Best of luck!

Caron said...

Hang in there, Lori. Tomorrow starts a new weeks and a chance for you to make your goals. You can do it! :)

Kris said...

You can do this - start fresh and get back on track!

PlumPetals said...

Having to deal with family illness is so taxing ... but you can do it. You taking time to take care of yourself is important, not just for you but also for your family. Take little steps to get back on track.
Good luck!

PlumPetals said...

Having to deal with family illness is so taxing ... but you can do it. You taking time to take care of yourself is important, not just for you but also for your family. Take little steps to get back on track.
Good luck!

Nanette said...

I'm really glad that you're seeing that this needs to be a lifestyle change not just a diet or plan that you can put on a backburner...

If you're having a hard time squeezing in work out time, be extra careful with your eating...

My favorite time savers
1) bake a week's worth of chicken breasts on Sunday and individually bag them. So you can have lean, substantial protein on the run, or a quick and lazy lunch.
2) Buy produce. When you get home, wash, cut, separate into individual baggies that you can grab on your way out the door.
3) Make a healthy "indulgent" snack mix. (almonds, dried fruit, dark chocolate chips). individually bag it after you finished making it.
4) Plan some back up short work outs (5-10 min) for those days when you can't get a walk in.

Maren said...

I think Nanette has some great time savers, things that can be very helpful!