Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Its been awhile since I posted, but with computer issues, school functions, holidays, etc, time just got away from me. We took down the Christmas decorations today, family has all gone home, holidays are over, a new year has begun, so its time to get this thing back up and running.

I always hear lots of talk about resolutions at this time of year, but I'm not going to set any for myself. Resolutions tend to get broken, or pushed aside, so I'm just going to set some goals for myself.

In the past, I've always started with weight loss. I never set a number though. I figured it was just better to eat healthy and exercise and see what happens. Well, nothing seems to happen. So its time to get a bit more specific. This first week is pretty much a detox. I have felt so so so crappy over the last month or so...I've gotten away from the healthier eating, and I've noticed so many of the bad side effects creeping back in. I have horrible headaches for 3-5 days during TOM. (I know I wont get rid of these entirely, but they were markedly better when eating healthier.) My face is breaking out more, and never fully clearing up. My skin is dry. (I'm not getting enough water.) I have no energy and feel run down all the time.
Today was a good day. I'm trying to stay on a slightly modified SBD phase 1 program for 2 weeks. Then I'll go from there. I will have a bit of brown rice, and maybe a little fruit here and there, but I really want to get the crap out of my body, and get rid of the cravings. I'd also like to stay around 1200 calories each day, but will be ok to go up to 1500. I might reconsider this plan in the near future though.
And I'm picking a number. I have some events coming up and I WILL be (a little) thinner and healthier by then. The first is February 16th. I will lose 20 lbs by then. Not I want to or I hope to, but I will. I think having a number to shoot for will tell me how much harder I have to work, and will keep me from slacking.
The second number is 50 lbs lost by my birthday (end of May). I know these wont be easy, and hopefully not impossible. But they're where I'm starting my goals for this year. Once my birthday gets here, I'll set the next goals based on what I accomplished by then.
I dont usually put things like this out there, but I feel like it will help me be (and stay) accountable. I tend to fall off the wagon way to easily. I've told some of my family about this too, since we have Sunday dinners together and I may be bringing my own food to some of these lunches. Those are by far the hardest days for me, so if I'm prepared, I should do better.

I also want to start the 30 day shred next week. The February goal is because I'm going with a friend to an indoor water park, and being down some pounds by then will help. I think the shred will help tone by then too. I wanted to start today, but I figure I'll have a detox headache most of this week, and I just cant exercise with a headache. At all.

As far as other goals go: Move more. Not just exercise, but get out from behind this computer! I love my computer, but I need to break the bond we share.
Keep up on the housework. I hate when I find out someone is coming over and its a major undertaking to get the house in shape. I also expect my kids to do better at this too. I want to start doing a once-over before they go to bed to keep things picked up and put away. Same with the car---when we get home, grab something that needs to go in the house.

One other big goal: I'd like to have my teaching license reinstated by the end of the school year. At this point, realistically I'm not sure thats possible, but if not, then at least by the end of the year. That should be doable (provided I find somewhere to get the money for classes). I just really need to get that part of my life in order too.

Edited to add my daily food. Just wanted to see where I stood for today:
B: Greek yogurt 130 (normally I'd have something else too, but this was late today)
Sn: String cheese 60
L: Tuna 100 Egg 70 Mayo made with olive oil 90 (onion and celery) all mixed and served on cucumber slices 20 Total: 280
D: pork 260 and sour kraut 20
Sn: more pork and sour kraut 280
Total for Monday: 1030 Yikes, a little low for me. I dont feel hungry though, but will add a little more tomorrow.

Until next time, have a good one!

No comments: