Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I know it works

So why do I have such a hard time staying with it? No, I haven't fallen off the wagon, but I have many many times in the past. I know what works. I eat healthy, watch portions, move more--- guess what happens.....I lose weight! Today is day 3, and I've lost 5 lbs already. And I'm not starving. (Well, I was today after I took the girls to the movie, but I didnt quite have all the tools in place yet. I didnt make a bad choice though.)

In my mind I keep wondering, how long until I fall off? Sundays are a downfall for me. I mean, the whole family is together, there is always dessert, and its just a matter of how long my willpower will hold out. The longer I see results, the longer I'll stay motivated. I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my life. So I just need to get into better habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You practically took the words right out of my mouth! I've started saying something to myself about my journey lately that I always tell DS. It's all about making good decisions. That really helps when I get hopeless and am staring into the abyss of the fridge. And are we really "falling off" if we aren't really "on a diet"? So, if you can't deny yourself that piece of gooey butter cake on the Sunday buffet (and, let's be honest, who could), make sure the rest of your decisions are better ones. Good decisions will get you through. :) ~Wendi