Friday, February 25, 2011

Long Week

Tuesday ended up being a snow day. Ugh! Will it ever end? Aunt Jackie, Aunt Bobbi and I went to Columbus around 1:00. Mom was still in ICU, but seemed a little more with it. She would talk some and knew a little more about what was going on. We spent the night down there, and when we got to the hospital Weds they already had the ICU discharge papers. Visiting hours are over at 2, and she hadnt moved yet. We went back at 5 for the next visiting, and they were just wheeling her out. So she was moved to the James. Two things about this concerned her...first she asked if she was in the James, did that mean the pathology report showed cancer? No. And the nurses reassured her of this. Its also a surgical floor, and thats where they had planned to take her. The pathology report isnt back yet. The second thing she asked me was if she was schizophrenic. She said she heard her ICU nurse tell the orderly transporting her to be careful with her because she's schizophrenic. Hmmm. I'm wondering if she really heard that, or if she misunderstood what she said. I mean, my mom says some crazy things when she wakes up from the anesthesia and meds, but she's fine. It really bothered her though.
Today she is off oxygen, and they took the NG tube out, which I'm sure she's thrilled about. They also put an IV in her arm, and when they're sure its doing its job, they'll take the central line out of her neck. I think she goes in next Tuesday to do the bladder scope and possibly place a stent. I thought if they did that then they'd take the kidney drain out, but Chad doesnt know if thats right or not. So we'll see. I'm going back down tomorrow.

Today was yet another snow day. I am soooo sick of snow! Really, enough is enough. The girls were awful today. They fight, back talk, wont do the few chores they have, etc. It has worn on me to the point that I broke down after they left with their dad. I think all the stress of Mom, them, taking care of things here, etc...it was just too much. I really need to sit them down and explain a few things to them. I cant keep going like this. My friend told me this week his best friend had a heart attack Sunday night. He's only a year older than me. Thats scary. Thankfully it was a mild one, but they're saying stress was a factor. Great. One more thing to worry about.

I want to be happy. I want to be a better mom to my kids. I dont know how to change things. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

No comments: