Monday, February 14, 2011

Calgon...

Actually, I should say Lysol, take me away...or take the germs away!

We had Ali and Maddy's birthday party yesterday. After several phone calls, some of the people decided not to come because Maddy was running a fever of 103*. Ugh! But some still came. Maddy didnt move from the chair in the family room, except to open her gifts. :) The rest of the time she stayed there covered up resting.

I decided to take her temperature before bed in case she needed more medicine, and her fever was 104.4! So I called Mom, and she said to take her to the ER. So off we went. Thankfully we got right in, and were only gone maybe 1 1/2 hours, but it ends up she has an ear infection. I think it started 2 weeks ago when she was sick over the snow days. But she stopped complaining, and even still says her ears dont hurt. So she is now on 10 days of antibiotics. One of the funniest things about going last night was when the nurse came in with 2 small cups of medicine. To say Maddy is horrible about taking medicine is an understatement. So she gives her the first cup and gets her a popcicle. She sips. Gags. Threatens to have to give her more if she pukes. Then tells her if she doesnt drink the meds, she'll have to give her a shot. Maddy takes another sip, then looks at the nurse and says, "I'll take the shot.". I thought I was going to die laughing, and I thought the nurse was going to fall off her stool. No shot, but she eventually drank the meds (20 minutes later!). I just hope this makes her better now.

So I took my first whole sick day to stay home with her today. I'm afraid to go back tomorrow. My sub called 3 times before lunch! Its the one 2 other librarians complained about at our meeting on Friday. Ugh! I think Maddy will stay home again tomorrow, but Aunt Jackie is coming to stay with her. I dont have any classes tomorrow, just the intervention, so its dumb to get a sub, but its my short day and I might get out a bit early.

Oh the joys of parenting. They just never end. :)

No comments: