Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

So many thoughts running around in my head right now. Last week I started thinking about all that has happened last year, good and bad, and what I'd like to see change/different for this year.



Right now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with life. I feel like I've been doing ok for us, but now I get a bill from the septic people for doing nothing (that I know of---but yet my septic is still uncovered), and I'm facing either a new system or major work on this one. How in the world am I going to be able to pay for that? January is going to be a tough month. My paycheck from Friday will be missing 2 days pay for snow days. The next one in 2 weeks will only be for 5 days. So things are going to be tight. I'm soooooo thankful for the photo sessions I had this fall. They helped a ton with Christmas. I think I really have to sit down and consider that as a more serious money making opportunity for me. I already have a camera, backdrops/stand, etc. I just need to practice and advertise more. It could make the difference if having to look for a different "permanent" job, and being able to keep my job at the school.

Of course there's the "typical" get healthier/lose weight resolution... I'm not going to say thats mine. I want a whole new lifestyle. I'm not going to say, "I want to eat better. I want to lose weight. I want to exercise." For this year I'm going to say, "I'm going to eat better. I'm going to lose weight. I'm going to exercise." I'm doing it for me. But not just for me---I want to be a better mom. No, wait...I'm going to be a better mom. I cant afford to do a lot of things with the girls, such as movies or amusement parks, etc. But I can afford to take them hiking or biking or swimming, etc. But I want/need to be comfortable doing that. I also want to start doing more family things in the evenings...like playing games or just hanging out together. I want to have a family meeting tomorrow when all guests are gone and its just us here again. I want less fighting. Less yelling. Less arguing. Less stress.

***And there will be less computer time for all!***

Then there's another issue... I really want to save enough money to file the dissolution papers. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of having that tie still there. I'd like to move on. (There's more to this part of the story, but I'm just not sure how to say it on here...)

So I have a lot of things I want to change. I know its not going to be easy, and its not going to happen over night, but I have to get the kids on board too.

No comments: