Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sweets and fun

Yesterday was a fun day. My mom and 2 aunts came over to make cookies and candy. We made 2 batches of Russian Tea cakes, 7 layer bars, cutouts, turtles, chocolate covered pretzels (knots and rods), buckeyes, peanut clusters, raisin clusters, fudge, caramels and peanut brittle.

We're getting hit with snow and cold now. We're really wondering if there will be school tomorrow. Honestly, I'm hoping for a 2 hour delay. I can still get to school on time and not lose any pay. However, I won't be hugely disappointed if there isnt school. We'll continue with the baking and candy making. I'd like to make a few more kinds of cookies, and we dont have anything with white chocolate yet. The girls also want homemade donuts if there's no school. (Maybe for lunch, lol.) So it wouldnt be awful if there wasnt school, but I really do need the money. (I only get paid for 2 days over Christmas break.)

I can really do without the snow though!

No comments: