Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Ramblings...

I had a first at school yesterday. After a particularly long and stressful week, it was Friday and my last class of the day, which happens to be first grade. I'm thinking this will be an easy time, as they were going to finish watching a Thanksgiving movie, then check out books and go home. So they come in and I start the movie. There is a little girl in that class that really drives me crazy. She tattles, she whines, and nothing seems to suit her. They had only been in there about 5 minutes, when another student comes up and says this little girl is stuck in her chair. I didnt quite understand, so I went over, and sure enough, she was STUCK in her chair! She had been sitting on her knees rocking in the chair, and slipped through the back up to her waist, and could not get out. I tried helping her, but she was really stuck. Of course she was crying, and I just as I went to get help, her teacher came in to see what was wrong. So we tried to get her out and no luck. Two more staff members came in then, and they took her out in the hall so I could get the rest of the class back on track. What a circus. It took 3 of them to get her out. I'm not really sure how they worked it, but she came back in a few minutes later free of the chair. I kinda felt like it was karma, but she wouldnt understand that yet. I just want to explain to her that if she does what she's supposed to do, this wouldnt happen...that she should be concerned with herself and not everyone else. Anyway, I'm sure she's over the trauma now. I still get a good laugh thinking about it.

The girls are at their dad's this weekend. I'm here alone. At least its been relatively productive. I wasted most of the morning just vegging...I needed that a lot! I'm still on the verge of a cold, so the extra rest felt good! Since then I've done 4 loads of laundry, taken all the stuff out of the bathroom and scrubbed the carpet, and gone to do pics. I have 2 loads of laundry to finish, and I'd like to clean out the bathtub, but I'm not sure I'll get to the tub tonight since the carpet is wet. It will be so nice to have a bathroom in some kind of order again. I hate the change of seasons clothing pile up!

Is it bad I'm (almost) counting the days until my friend comes back for another visit? I just had such a nice time last weekend. It would be nice if this became a regular thing.

No comments: