Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday

Well, its Monday. The little girls missed the bus this morning. It wasnt their fault. They had a sub driving, and he was about 8 minutes early. The girls were just heading out the door, and he only slowed down, never completely stopped. Grrrrr.

I set up the book fair over the weekend. It took about 4 1/2 hours. I had waaaaaay too much stuff, and not enough places to put it all. So its everywhere! I'm hoping for some good sales though.

And now tonight I have a headache. Lovely.

I just have so much on my mind these days:

The levy is starting to stress me out again as voting draws near. There are still some really stupid people out there. I read their posts on the Daily Record site, and I wonder what they're really thinking. I mean, really??? Sorry, but there is nothing more important that my kids education. No matter what they decide to do...they need a good education. So if we need to support it now, why wouldnt we? I just dont get it.
But its not only affecting the kids this time...it affects me too. It makes me ill to think about getting a different job. I have the perfect job for a single mom with kids in school and activities. I keep thinking maybe they can find more hours and stuff for me to do next year if it passes. That would be great. But if it fails, I'm out. (Ok, thats not for sure, but I'm almost positive.) Even if I would stay, do I really want to deal with 35 kids in the library at a time in a strange school? I cant think I'd like that job all that much.

Then there's Grandpa. I dont know how much better he's doing, although Mom said he was sitting up tonight when she went. She said he still looks bad. I'm going to try to go see him Wednesday.

So Mike stops by tonight and we were chatting. He said his mom asked him about Thanksgiving and if he was going to bring the girls out for awhile. And that I'm invited too. I still dont think he knows what he wants, and I know she'd like to see us back together, but its not gonna happen. Its not what I want. Its not what the girls want.

My mom is battling a bit of depression. I worry about her. Her health is good at the moment, but if she gets depressed, its not going to help at all. I dont know what to do to help her. Alexis went down tonight to help her rake her leaves and mow her lawn...

And of course the other thing thats on my mind often....

No comments: