Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Really Bad at This

So I've gotten out of the habit of writing. I'm going to pick it up a bit. Its just, I'm so boring! I mean, really, what is there to write about???

The school levy failed again yesterday. Stupid stupid people. Ok, I know times are tough...I mean, I really know...but still. There isnt ANYTHING more important than an education. No matter what you decide to do, you need at least a basic education. But yet, they keep cutting our funding, and people dont want to pay, which I understand, but then the outcome is not good. More dropouts, less individual attention and help, etc. Plus, we now have pay to participate...not just sports, but the musical, play, power of the pen, etc. So its going to end up being extracurriculars are only for kids whose parents can afford to pay. That means more kids on the street after school instead of practice. That means less kids who get the "well rounded" education that looks so good on college applications. Does anyone thing about any of this? Or just the money? There has to be a better way to fund schools!

I'm still waiting to hear about the librarian position at school.

Brenna starts volleyball next week. Mom decided to pay for that for us. Thankfully Alexis will play soccer and softball, both of which aren't through the school. We'll have to pay for those, but not as much as if it was a "school" sport. Next year it will be.

I have a meeting Monday with the child support agency. Not really sure what thats all about. We dont have anything court ordered yet, but Mike is still paying each month. So not sure what this is about. Its because I signed the girls up for Medicaid. When he lost his job, they lost insurance. Not much we can do about that at the moment. He's planning on picking them up again when this whole workers comp is straightened out, but they're really being stupid. Until then....

The garden is growing. I'm surprised anything is living. The ground is SO hard! But, I picked my first handful of grape tomatoes yesterday. I have a TON of green tomatoes. I'll have to make salsa or sauce or something (I'm sure it wont make much, but its more than we can eat at one time). I saw 2 green beans (lol) on 2 plants, and one pepper thats coming along. I'm planning on tilling and weeding tomorrow to help things along. I'd like to start composting too so I can have some good stuff to plant in next year!

See, I told you...boring!

No comments: