Monday, May 17, 2010

Ups and Downs

I went to see Grandpa again today. He was sleeping peacefully, not at all restless like he was the last 2 days. They found out he has a UTI, sinus infection and pneumonia. So he's on antibiotics, and since his fever is gone, they think the infections/fever were causing the jitters. But he didnt open his eyes the whole time I was there. I just want him to open them. I want to see them. I want to know he'll respond.
They said the CAT scan was a little better...some of the bleeding was gone, but the clot was either the same size or just a tad bigger. They're giving him platelets to try to stop the bleeding. They'll do another CAT scan in the morning.

To comment on my last sentence from yesterday---we went to the hospital cafeteria for lunch today. They had a chinese bar today, and I had a fortune cookie with my lunch. My fortune said, "A long term goal will finally be accomplished.". Could it be....?

To be continued....

No comments: