Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Emotions

Why do I have to be the sensitive one???

Today is my grandma's 90th birthday. What an accomplishment. My uncle had a party at his house this afternoon, and it was wonderful to see all the people who showed up. There was a dvd with photos from her life, and what a lot she has seen. She isn't in the greatest health, and I dont know how much she remembers from day to day, so every day with her is a day cherished.

Sis's sale is over. Its bittersweet. I'm glad I dont have to spend all day sitting up there at the sale, but it also means its time for her to leave. I'm still so torn over this, so I will probably shed some tears over the next couple days. I think she'll be back for awhile soon, as my step-mom is going to Atlanta for a bit this month. I cant think Sis will stay there alone since my dad sleeps during the day and works at night. This whole thing is really tough for me.

The girls have really been a handful this week. The attitudes are through the roof. I'm at my wits end with them, so I think we might just have to have a family meeting this week. I dont know why we need all the moaning and groaning and complaining when you still have to do it. I also need a chore chart. I cannot continue to remind them EVERY day several times a day to do what they're supposed to do. Then they go to bed and I find things left undone and end up irritated. I'm really working on my patience with them, and the way I deal with things, but they dont make it easy sometimes. (Of course, even the worst days with them is better than any day without them!)

Brenna, Olivia and I got all the patio blocks moved yesterday and the swing set up. Of course, the weekend is now over and I sure didnt accomplish much else. I hope Mike will take the girls to their activities this week so I can continue to work outside every day it doesnt rain. (Tomorrow evening I have to take Brenna to open house at JRL.)

Still so much on the to do list.

No comments: