Monday, May 24, 2010

Exhausted, in a good way finally

Tonight was the sixth grade recognition dinner. I think a good time was had by all. Let me start at the beginning...

I got up this morning and went down to the elementary school to pick up the PTO money for the dinner. Then went to talk to Mr Richards to see if there were any more RSVPs. We chatted for a bit (and I found out someone added more to the envelope I sent to camp than what I sent). Left there and went to Pat Catans for some scrapbook stuff, and to price tablewear and such. Went to Factory Card Outlet to get balloons and price other stuff. Ordered the balloons...36 helium balloons. Went to Walmart. Got the punch, plates, cups, napkins, etc and the cakes. Went back to get the balloons. They started popping before I got them all in the van...they were filled soooo full. Back to Pat Catans to get the brown tablewear. Then home. By the time I got home, I had 6 balloons left. 6! Out of 36! $30 worth of balloons.
I had to stop to pick up someone's stuff for the scrapbook, then headed to the church to set up and decorate. By the time I got there, I had 5 balloons. We got everything set up, I called the store, and someone ran in to pick up the replacement balloons.
The dinner was great. Lots of food, lots of fun. Everyone got a kick out of Brenna's prophecy. I presented Mr Richards with the scrapbook, and he cried. So then I teared up. Then he got a standing ovation. He so deserves it! I'm going to miss him a lot.
We cleaned up after the dinner, and now I'm home. I'm tired. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm not going to do much. I'm taking stuff down for the 6th grade to use for cleanup day, then going out for lunch with Pam. After that I'll probably go see my grandpa, and hope for something good for my birthday. I'm not going to Livi's game. I'm not sure what time I'll get home from the hospital. I'm going to come home and do laundry and relax and maybe work outside a bit.

No comments: