Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Catch Up

Lets see.....

Since my last post, the biggest thing that happened was Maddy turning 5. Its very sad that my baby is now 5...kindergarten age. And speaking of kindergarten, she is signed up for the preview at the end of the month. Yes, its all becomming real. All 4 of my kids will be in school full time next year. :(

The girls were supposed to have their solo and ensemble contest last Saturday, but it was cancelled due to snow. I think it was a bit of a disappointment after all the work they've put in. But they didnt have school the Friday before, so I suppose it was for the best. They've now missed 8 days of school, and have 3 to make up over spring break.

I had conferences last night for all the girls. What can I say...I have good kids. Its nice to go in and hear good things, and have the other things we discuss just be minor. I'm so thankful my kids like school and really try hard to do their best. I dont have to push much. I'm anxious to see if Olivia changes next year. I'm not sure she puts 100% into it this year, but next year she will actually get letter grades, so I'm wondering if that wont make her do better. Time will tell....

Today is Mom's birthday. I'm just not sure how to feel about that. Two years ago, her oncologist told her she had 1-2 years to live. Had she not had such a desire to live and beat this, and seek out a second opinion, she wouldnt be here right now. So today is bittersweet. And not only that, but she had a CAT scan last week, and its clear of cancer all together. She has a blood clot, and now has to go on medicine most likely for the rest of her life, and it consists of giving herself a daily shot in the belly. Ugh! But its so much better than them finding cancer. I love her so much!

No comments: